The world’s leading economic magazine Forbes, released a list of 2018 richest people. Quoted Thursday March 15 2018, Forbes found 2,208 billionaires from 72 countries, with a fortune of US $ 9.1 trillion or up 18 percent from a year ago.
Of the richest people in the world, US citizens still lead the most richest list of people, namely 585 billionaires, followed by Chinese citizens as many as 373 billionaires.
The wealth of billionaires throughout the world is created by the chance they have mastered everything. Like starting from the mastery of digital currencies, Cryptocurrency, the telecommunications industry to the wedding dress business.
Meanwhile, of 2,208 billionaires recorded by Forbes, there are 53 billionaires who are considered very old. Their average age can be said to be very senior, which is 90 years and above with a wealth above US $ 1 billion.
However, of all the richest parents there are billionaires who will be 100 years old this year. He is Chang Yun Chung, the richest parent in the world from Singapore.
Chang was ranked as the 15th richest person in Singapore, with a net worth of US $ 1.9 billion, equivalent to Rp.26 trillion. Chang has various service businesses since starting his business.
At present, Chang is the CEO of Pacific International Lines. He founded the company in 1967, which focused on the business of port and shipping transportation equipment operators.
At the beginning of his business, Chang had been a direct operator of heavy equipment and operated two used vessels. With his tenacity to work, he now has 155 ships and his business is 50 years old in 2017.
Now, the business has been handed over to his son Teo Siong and the company has grown rapidly. In fact, it has an agreement with China Merchant Port to develop new markets in Southeast Asia, South Asia and Africa.
Chang Yun Chung is currently 99 years old, and has 14 children. He currently lives in Singapore.
Meanwhile, nine other old billionaires include:
- Marcel Adams (Canada) is 97 years old, a fortune of US $ 1.7 billion
- Aloysio de Andrade Faria (Brazil), 97 years old, wealth of US $ 2.5 billion.
- George Joseph (United States), 96 years old, wealth of US $ 1.4 billion.
- Stanley Perron (Australia), 95 years old, wealth of US $ 2.3 billion.
- Len Ainsworth (Australia) is 94 years old, wealth of US $ 1.3 billion.
- 94-year-old Tang Hsiang-chien (HongKong), a fortune of US $ 1.5 billion.
- Charles Munger (United States) is 94 years old, wealth of US $ 1.7 billion.
- Saif Al Ghurair (United Arab Emirates) is 94 years old, wealth of US $ 1.9 billion.
- David Murdock (United States) is 94 years old, wealth of US $ 2.1 billion.